Grandma's Easy Bake Apple Pie
Create New Account
Holidays and special occasions are the perfect time to share your favorite recipes with friends and families, so we decided to share one of our favorite family apple pie recipes. Passed down through generations, this apple pie recipe is easy to make and gives you that flaky pie crust you’ve been looking for in home recipes.
To start you’ll want to gather these following ingredients:
Perfect Pie Crust:
- 2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of salt
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 5 red organic apples thinly sliced
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 tsp. of nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. of cinnamon
1. Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
2. To create the crust, start by kneading the flour, sugar, salt and butter until it is almost dough-like. Keep adding water 1 tablespoon at a time till the dough is thick.
3. Split the dough is half. Roll half the dough on a floured board until it’s less than a ¼ inch thick.
4. Line your 9-inch pan with the dough allowing the crust to flow over the sides.
5. Now for the filling, combine apples, brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon in a large bowl.
6. Hand mix the ingredients and let it sits for 5 minutes. Repeat this process 3 more times.
7. Now that the filling is ready, add the fill into the prepared pan.
8. Roll and cover the pan with the excess dough.
9. Prim the borders with a fork and cut-out any excess crust with a knife. (Hint: Cut at an angle to avoid rough edges)
10. Once the top is complete, poke holes into the top in order to create airflow as the pie bakes. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top if desired.
11. Place the pan into the oven and bake until the top is golden brown.
Please share your pictures with us with the hashtag #ioHOMESapplepie! We’d love to see your take on one of our favorite desserts! Any comments or feedback is also appreciated : )